Flat Tires can induce the rim of the tire to rest on the tire tread or on the ground possibly triggering in loss of control of the automobile or irrecoverable damage to the tire. One of the most usual cause for a flat tire is piercing of the tire by a sharp object, such as a nail, allowing air escape. Depending on the dimension of the slit, the tire might deflate slowly or swiftly. Which may result in the following problems:
- Failing of or damages to the valve stem;
- Permitting air to escape from the valve or creating damage by means of deliberate puncturing
- Rubbing of the tire against the roadway, ripping the tire, or separation of tire and rim by accident with additional objects;
- Extreme wear of the tire tread causing explosive tire failure or permitting roadway debris to tear through it
Some tires, particularly a slow leakage, can easily be fixed and re-inflated; others, particularly those from worn tread, need to be changed.
Here are some simple methods to catch tire issues before they become costly or unsafe. Take a good examination of each tire in a well lit atmosphere. Examine for unequal tire wear, which may be induced by:
- Excessive or too little air pressure
- Problems with wheel alignment or tire balancing
- Problems with the suspension
- Unequal tire wear might be an indicator that you could have to have your tires rotated
These might imply you require new tires– quickly. Driving with a flat tire, especially at high speeds, may result in a fatal collision. These problems have the possibility to create a blowout, inducing a loss of control that can easily be incredibly unsafe.
- Splitting or protruding treads or sidewalls that might imply there is wear or weak point
- Foreign objects that penetrate in to the tire (nails, screws, glass)
- Tread tearing away from the body of the tire
Tire Dawgs does Fast Quality Tire Repair
If you locate any of these issues, come see us for a thorough and speedy tire repair. We’ll inspect and adjust your air pressure and do an aesthetic tire check, and return you to the road quickly.
Call or come on down ASAP and let us repair your so you will be safe back on the road!